Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Cleaning Baseboards..


It truly amazes me how much has changed since getting married, having another baby and moving into our own home.  Especially the things I find myself searching on google.  Today was one such example, I am starting to prepare my home for guest for Morgan's 1st birthday party.  And, as I gave the house a once over last night.  I noticed that my blinds needed to be cleaned, my floor boards cleaned, and a lot of little odds and ends.

So I found myself researching easy and fast ways to clean the baseboards.  But then I also wondered why it seemed that I was spending soo much more time cleaning baseboards than ever before.  I don't know if part of the reason stems from having Brazilian hard wood floors which I never had before, or if it was the paint used on the trim.  Then that took me into deciding whether or not I wanted to devote the time to repainting all the baseboards on the ground level.



Anyway, I thought I would share what I found just in case any one else's life is as boring as mine.


How to Clean Baseboards

By an eHow Contributor
Difficulty: Easy

Instructions

Things You'll Need:

  • Bucket or large bowl
  • Vacuum
  • Water
  • Sponge or cotton rag

    Rid Baseboards of Surface Dirt and Dust

  1. Vacuum baseboards with vacuum hose.
  2. Use vacuum attachment along the bottom of the baseboard where it meets the flooring.
  3. Mixing Your Cleaner

  4. Pour 1 cup of white vinegar in bucket or bowl.
  5. Heat water to very warm or hot.
  6. Add 5 cups of water to the vinegar.
  7. Mix with sponge or cloth rag.
  8. Cleaning

  9. Wring out sponge or rag.
  10. Wipe baseboards.
  11. Allow baseboards to air dry.

Tips & Warnings

  • Try not to saturate the wall or baseboard.
  • Prevent pruned hands by wearing gloves.
  • For difficult markings or stains, try using Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.
  • Keep children away from the cleaning solution.




No comments:

Post a Comment