Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Meet Our Newest Guest Blogger -- Guest Blog to Run on Saturday, July 31, 2010


Beth Says:
I have always loved organization, processes, and structure, because of this I pursued my Masters degree in Accounting in 2003. I spent several years in the accounting and finance fields working my way up the corporate ladder to my current role of Finance Director of International Digital Media. One day, after growing tired of working long hours for someone else, I started to appreciate and nurture my creative side by playing with color, texture, design, and of course organization. I toyed with the idea of starting an organization and interior design firm where I could design spaces that were fabulous to the eye, as well as extremely functional for an organized lifestyle. My schedule seemed so hectic that I pushed the idea away for a couple of years, but I could not stop designing spaces in my mind and in my spare time at home.


Finally in October 2009, with the knowledge of the importance of organization, an obsession with perfection, a love of interior design, and the motivation of following my dreams... Changing Spaces Design emerged! A company that combined my utmost favorite things: organization, perfection, and design. Now I use all my time and energy on creating what best fits my clients, by understanding the their wants, needs, and style. The best part of interior design is being able to create a space that reflects different aspects of me and embrace other styles that I love, whether it be contemporary, girly, masculine, Asian-inspired, Bohemian, etc. I love what I do, seeing a client who is amazed at the transformation of their space is indescribable. And all the shopping is an absolute plus! I'm currently working on an a la carte menu, as well as a photo shoot so you can see it live.

I have learned a lot, and will learn a lot more. Being a business woman, a caregiver, a friend, a sister, and a myriad of other things is hard work... but I love every minute of it. I hope you all stick around for the ride, I promise you a well styled adventure!

Follow me here:

Website: Changing Spaces Design

Blog: Changing Spaces Blog

Facebook: CSD Facebook

Beth Smith - Owner of Changing Spaces Design

3 comments:

  1. Wow... your portfolio is amazing. You have such an eye for color too. Makes me want to live in GA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Mada! But I live in NJ, servicing the Tri-State area! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beth redid my space (a small attic) and rocked it out! She's very talented! And, very professional!

    ReplyDelete