Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cook Book: New American Table (Great Recipes)




Not only do I think this Cookbook offers a great variety, I enjoyed reading the Q and A that the author had in www.HouseBeautiful.com.

Here are some quotes I loved:

"..America really isn't the land of meat and potatoes anymore.  It's now the land of couscous and noodles, wasabi and chiles, sushi and burritos."

"I actually don't like the melting pot image.  To me that's where the elements get blended down and lose their individuality.  I think of this country more like a salad, where each ingredient stands on its own but works well together.  America has generated a kind of diversity of food -- all the regional specialties and the ethnic influence that you can't get anywhere else."

Review -
"One bite of any dish he makes plays upon all your six senses -- I say six instead of five, because of the sheer emotion that is poured into these creations.  You can feel the history of each dish and in some way feel transported to the moment when Marcus drew upon childhood memories to redefine the flavors in the dish."
 -- Lidia Bastianich

No comments:

Post a Comment