Search This Blog

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Raising a Man - "The Other Wes Moore"

Raising a man in today's society is no easy feat, even with positive men in his life.  I am constantly on the look out for anything that I think can reach my son on a level that Momma can't.  While home on maternity leave, I ran across a book called -"The Other Wes Moore", Oprah was interviewing him so its not like I ran across him in the grocery store.  I don't think the show had finished before I was downloading it to my Kindle to give it a first read through.

Definitely a must read, and a good book for the young men (High School age + up) in your lives to read.  Just further proof that we make our own destiny.  We all are faced with circumstances that can provide  fork in the road type experiences, it's the decisions that we make that forever shape our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment