Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

The Joys of a Family Road Trip!!


Officially, this will be Madison and Morgan's first long distance car trip.  Madison (5), has gone with us on the trek to Eufaula, AL, several times, but now we are talking 2.5 hours as opposed to 8 hours.  I can truly say even though I am super excited to see my sister, I am dreading the trip.
I really just don't know what to expect.  Morgan is just now getting to the stage where, she can be up and not be fussing.  But, she really is not a fan of her car seat, so I pray that the ride will lull her to sleep.  Even though, I am pretty confident it won't.  And, Madison not to be out done, seems to talk even louder once the baby starts to fuss.  Then throw in the noise from the radio, and hubby thinking he can talk the baby down, by calling her name, and you have me going into an Auditory Sensory.. Melt down..

So in order to prepare for my trip, I got my Ipod, my Kindle, some Heavy Duty "block out the world" head phones, and i-Go Chargers to accomodate every single device.  Motrin to kill the pain, and a sippy cup with some wine.. lol. 

 

Also in tow, will be my "Cadillac of Traveling Diaper Bags", a bag for Madison, a overnight bag for me, and a Small Suitcase for Dad and possibly a Wardrober.  Which is exactly why we had to just go ahead and rent a SUV for our journey.  All that being said Orlando here we come.. I hope to get nice and tanned, and even squeeze in a moment or two of relaxation and alone time with the hubby.  You guessed it, my sister can't wait to baby sit.
So as of July 2nd, we will be .....

Stay tuned for two AMAZING GUEST BLOGGERS!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment