Search This Blog

Friday, January 14, 2011

Valentine's Cookies

http://www.thedecoratedcookieblog.com/2011/01/sprinkles-and-hearts-and-marshmallows.html

FRIDAY, JANUARY 14, 2011

sprinkles and hearts and marshmallows


Remember way back when, Wednesday, when I posted on those mod rose marshmallow pops and chocolate heart cookies? If you have forgotten since, Wednesday, here is the link. I was going to offer these up as an "easier, quicker" decorating method, but those mod roses were so easy and quick already, this will just have to pass as an "alternate" decorating method. 




To make the marshmallow pops, I skewered a marshmallow with a lollipop stick, dunked the marshmallow in a glass of water, shook off the excess, then coated with sprinkles. To make the cookies, I cut and baked hearts from my chocolate cookie dough, made frosting and tinted it white with Americolor soft gel paste (Bright White), and prepared a frosting bag with a coupler and size "4" decorating tip, tying closed tightly with a rubber band. Working with one cookie at a time, I piped an outline, then piped back and forth in a zig zag motion to totally cover the cookie with icing. Immediately, coat with sprinkles and turn over to remove excess. Find lollipop sticks, frosting bags, couplers, decorating tips, sprinkles, and heart cutters (probably, this time of year) at the craft store. For more tips on finding supplies, click HERE.

** This blog is in my Google Reader.  I love it.. Do you all think I can be this ambitious.. I am sure gonna try!!  Thanks Decorated Cookie..

No comments:

Post a Comment