Search This Blog

Thursday, May 24, 2012

Going Down with a Sinking Ship


Right now, as I am typing this post, I think the Primary Emotion that I am feeling is anger.  The Secondary Emotions are disappointment, aggravation, and a total lack of faith in the place that I have worked for the last 11 years.  I am sure that I am not the only one currently working in the field of education who feels such emotions.  However, over the last year I have sat by and watched the administration go from bad to worst, I have watched as the bottom of the barrel was continually scraped to find "step and fetch it" leaders.  "Gumby's", as I like to call them who make decisions based on who it makes happy instead of what the RIGHT decision would be.  As usual, the children suffer, the employee's suffer and morale suffers.

I try my best to ride above it, but it gets harder when the flood waters keep getting closer and closer to your neck.  

So today, I am asking God for the ability to walk on water, lest I drown.  I am asking for the ability to remember that we are all flawed, and to remember that these administrators are not in control.  And, that I know who is in control.

So I went searching on the net for proof of what I already know, but need to be reminded of and this what I found:

 Isaiah 43:2 - When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you. When you walk through the fire, you shall not be burned, nor shall the flame scorch you.

Psalms 27:14 - Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

Isaiah 40:31 - But those who wait on the LORD Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint.

2 Corinthians 12:9 - And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

 I will uphold thee - I will enable you to bear all your trials.

Photo Credit: Holding On to the Most Important Things in Life. Hold On - Donna Hughes

No comments:

Post a Comment