Search This Blog

Friday, May 4, 2012

Confessions!!

Confession:  The Ebb and Flow of my Moods is Affected Greatly by Other Things and Other People. (Especially things outside my control!)

I know this is not supposed to be the case, but it's the truth.  And, I am working on it.

I read a post one of my girlfriends (Thanks Cei) wrote on Facebook this morning.  It read: "Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you respond to it."

So today, on a gloomy rainy day, with a sick baby at home, and more housework on the agenda for the weekend than I care to even think about!!  I am going to make a declaration that I will have a good day!! After all it is Friday!! Hope you all have a great one too...

Here is an excerpt from a Devotion I keep posted in my office at work. -- I find it settles my spirit!!

" Press through present chaos into the peace that is greater than your understanding.  Quiet your soul and be done with the anxiety that comes with uncertainty.  There is nothing uncertain or dubious about My Kingdom.  I would have you understand that even though the kingdom is a spiritual one and invisible to natural perception, the reality of its unquestionable.  Its foundation is firm -- solid rock.  When you are a part of that kingdom you, like the chief cornerstone and the foundation of the apostles and prophets, are also solid rock in the realm of the spirit.  Flesh has no power over rock, says the Lord." - Ephesians 2:20 having been built on the foundation of the apostles and prophets, Jesus Christ Himself being the chief cornerstone.

No comments:

Post a Comment