Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Consolidation of Trust


I have trust issues!!  I trust very few people.  It is my first instinct to look for the flaw, the ulterior motive or hidden agenda.  This unfortunately spills over into all areas of my life.  And, then I thought how amazing it would be if I could consolidate trust like some people consolidate bills. Take all of the people, situations and things in whom I have to or need to trust and put them under one umbrella and trust that he Lord will protect me from the disappointment, hurt and resentment that comes when the people who I have trusted disappoint me. Or that God could help me  to discern those people, places or things that are worthy of my trust.

For me, I guess it all comes back to one thing, trusting that God will watch over guide and protect me from everything that comes my way.  Whether that means taking me out of the storm, or teaching me to deal with the rain.

Then I remembered one of my favorite Fred Hammond songs and it brought me to this verse. - 

Isaiah 54:17 - "No weapon this is formed against me shall prosper, and every tongue that rises against thee in judgement thou shall condemn.  This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their righteousness is of me, saith the Lord"  - King James Bible (Cambridge Edition)

The word that jumped off the page to me when reading this text, is that this is our HERITAGE. (see definition below) It is something that God meant us to pass down from generation to generation, our birth right.  What an amazing heritage that is?  To know that in the face adversity, uncertainty, tumultuous times, uncertain job markets, and downright EVIL all around us.   NO WEAPON THAT IF FORMED AGAINST US SHALL PROSPER.

her·i·tage  (hr-tj)
n.
1. Property that is or can be inherited; an inheritance.
2. Something that is passed down from preceding generations; a tradition.
3. The status acquired by a person through birth; a birthright




No comments:

Post a Comment