Search This Blog

Friday, February 24, 2012

Update on Me...

Well, the first (almost) two months of January have proven to be quite the learning experience.  I have spent a lot of time getting to know myself, and my body.  Learning what foods have what affects, how much exercise I can cram into one day, and how not to let my circumstances affect my goals.

Being a mom of children ranging from the age of 15 - 1years old, I find my time to rarely be my own.  Trying to fit in trips to the gym, while still maintaining my household, and holding down a full time job, is daunting to say the least.  However, for me a lot of the challenge involves me not letting my need for control/perfection to over shadow my need for sustainable change.  So, with two kids in tow, I manage to do Just Dance and Just Sweat and utilize the Wii Fit.  I may not always have enough room, but I work around them the best I can.  And, you know what its working.  I use to be a former Fly Lady , check her out if you don't know about her.  And, if she taught me one thing it was to realize that doing something, is better than doing nothing at all.  And, guess what the scale and the measuring tape seem to agree with her.

I have more success days, then fail days.  I have started to look at each meal as just that, a meal.  So if I have too much pasta, at one meal.  Then the next meal, I try to do better.  The calendar has more Pink X's where I worked out than blank days.  And, I am hoping that by next month my calendar will look like a tribute to Breast Cancer Awareness with Pink X's all over the place.

I feel better, look better, my clothes fit better.  My energy levels are up, my mood swings are less frequent, and I am starting to feel like the effort I put into all other aspects of my life, can be just as useful here (for my health and personal growth).

Enjoy your Weekend... and find some "me" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment