Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Passing the Diaper Bag

As a self proclaimed Control Freak, it is always hard for me to both ask for and receive help, after all I really can do everything myself.  After being a single mom for over 8 years and having to do whatever I had to do to make things work, this is still something that I struggle with.
 
Yesterday was Morgy's 4 month appointment and I really wanted to be there, but I had to take off last Friday to register the other kid's for school.  So I had to let Daddy go by himself.  I wrote a long list of questions that I wanted answered.  And, I put the reigns in Dad's capable hands, and he handled it.  But, when he called to give me all the information, I found that I had more questions based on the doctors answers.   I felt like I needed more information or that I would have handled the appointment differently.  And, I felt myself getting my back up.  Then, I had to sit back and acknowledge how great it is to have a husband who can fill in for me when I can not be there.  And, how amazing it is that our children's well being is just as important to him as it is to me.  And, at that moment I realized that whatever I needed to know could be answered by a simple email to the pediatrician, and that I was blessed.
 
I never even said a word to Daddy because the bottom line is that his best really was good enough...

No comments:

Post a Comment