Search This Blog

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Going to the Fair...


Early on in our dating .. Anwar and I accepted the fact that on Friday night's we were just plain pooped.  I mean we were totally and completely exhausted.  So as a rule, we generally don't try to do too much on Fridays.  But, since I had my surgery last weekend, and was out of it.  We had to push back taking the kids to the Fair.

Our plan was to make the Annual Gwinnett County Fair a tradition for our family.  However, last year morning sickness trumped tradition.  So last night we loaded up the girls and headed for the fair.  Jaime was 3 the last time we went and I don't think she really remembered.  But, we tried to get her excited and tell her as best we could what to expect.  However, I don't think that anything that we said adequately described her first look at all the lights, the noise, and the sheer excitement that is in the air at the fair.

My little girl who is generally pretty.. cautious and even a little timid was mesmerized.  We ate first and she could not even focus on that task because there was so much going on around her.  She wanted to ride all the little kiddy rides, and some of the big kiddy rides which we had to deny her on.  But, she was a BEAST.. lol.

One of the kiddy rides just looked to me as something that could result in a potential melt down, for several reasons.  The first one being that she had to go on it all alone, no parental units, and the second one being, it went kind of fast and dipped a little low.  But, even after Mommy's "Are you sure, they won't stop the ride just for you " speech, she choose to go.  My brave angel girl..  She had a good time, and as I stood on the side lines.. holding on to the stroller too tight, and balancing Morgan on my hip, I swear I felt over bump and curve with her.  When she got off I asked her if she was scared and she said "a little bit", and pointed to the next ride she wanted to go on.

Its an amazing thing watching life through the eyes of your toddler.  It should be nothing new to me, but Anthony is 14 now, and its been a while since I have experienced... it..

My baby girl even did amazingly well, she didn't know which way to look with soo much going on.. but she seemed to just be enjoying being out in the night air...

Seemed like a great way to welcome in falll...

No comments:

Post a Comment