Search This Blog

Saturday, July 10, 2010

A reinvention of self: From Full-time Corporate Employee to the Party Muse, LLC



I’m so honored that Sheree asked me to guest blog today.   I enjoy reading her posts so much, I just hope that you all enjoy my writing as much as we all love Sheree’s.  My Business is The Party Muse, LLC.  My website is http://www.thepartymuseonline.com/ , I blog at http://www.thepartymuse.blogspot.com/, and I have a face book page (Search: The Party Muse) where you can see up to date event photos.  I’m looking forward to opening my shop on http://www.etsy.com/ by the same name where I’ll sell my signature party boxes called The Muse to go.  Look for that around early fall.  

I’m a party girl, always have been.  I have pictures of myself as a child dancing while I’m blowing out party candles on my strawberry shortcake cake.  I love to laugh, smile, and dance but even more than that, I like to watch other people do the same.  I always knew that having your own business was possible but for some reason, I didn’t know it was possible for me.   I’ve worked at a large insurance company since I was 21, where I met and married my husband, and eventually relocated all the while never giving event planning a thought even after I planned my entire wedding.  There’s something about parenthood that will make you remember all the dreams of your childhood.   After having my son in 2008 and feeling like he could do anything, and be anything, I felt like I should be an example of that for him.  Less than a year later, I planned my 30th birthday party and 3 weeks after that, September 8, 2009 I started The Party Muse, specializing in children’s party design.  I’ve planned dozens of successful and oh so cute parties since then, even doing 2 in one day and never looked back.  

Party planning is truly my passion, and children’s parties are so very special to me.  Creating lasting memories is a tall order and I take it very seriously, but have so much fun while doing it.  I hope that you all get the chance to do what you love : )

XOXO, Khaliah  

2 comments:

  1. If you are anything like Sheree, I am sure the kits will be fab! Good for you in finding a way to be uber creative on top of taking care of your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Mada, I really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete